Kiehl’s is an American brand specialising in premium skin care, hair care, and body care products since 1851. Founded by John Kiehl, Kiehl’s started as a homoeopathic pharmacy in New York. Coming back to 2018, Kiehl’s is a luxury skin, body and hair care brand with solutions which addresses a collection of skin, hair & body conditions.
Kiehl’s just hosted the Kiehl’s Skincare Hunt in different cities of India from 23rd-29th August 2018. I was selected for this event and was invited to their store for a complimentary skin care consultation. Also, I found out an interesting story about the brand which I will share.
So, I went to the Kiehl’s store at Quest Mall, Kolkata where I could spot Mr.Bones (Mr Bones serve as a reminder of Kiehl’s tradition in medicine and dedication to science) and took a picture with him as a part of the skincare hunt clue. Next, I walked into the store where I was warmly greeted and welcomed by the Kiehl’s skincare experts and then the complimentary skin care consultation started. In the consultation, they did a skin patch test to check my skin type and asked me if I have any specific skin issue so that they can tailor the skincare products accordingly. So, my skin type is Combination skin type and thus the skin experts did a sample patch test of all products suited for me on my skin. They recommended the products that will best suit my skin and will address my skin issues perfectly. The recommendations by the skin experts for my skin were:
1. Kiehl’s Cucumber Herbal Conditioning Cleanser which is an ultra-gentle, foaming gel lotion cleanser perfect for Normal to Dry and Sensitive skin as it gently melts away dirt, makeup and impurities while conditioning even dry, sensitive skin for a fresh-feeling clean that lasts all day.
2. Kiehl’s Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-free Toner which is a non-drying, alcohol-free, cucumber-based toner which is perfect for Dry and Sensitive skin and leaves skin soft, soothed, clean and toned.
3. Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution which is good for all skin types and which helps in diminishing the appearance of dark spots. I absolutely love and adore this since my skin is highly sensitive to the sun and thus I have light brown spots as well.
4. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial cream which a 24-hour daily face moisturizer perfect for all skin types and the luxurious formula leaves skin smooth, soft, and healthy-looking.
5. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate which is a night time oil that hydrates and visibly restore skin perfect for all skin types.
6. Kiehl’s Super Fluid Daily UV Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ which is a lightweight facial sunscreen with SPF 50+ and pollution protection perfect for all skin types. Being sun sensitive, I always search for a good sunscreen that keeps my skin safe from the harmful UV rays as well as light enough to wear over my regular skin care or makeup.
Since Kiehl’s had Try before you buy offer with the skin care consultation, I got 5 samples from the recommended list that was personalized just for me. I got samples of Kiehl’s Cucumber Herbal Conditioning Cleanser, Kiehl’s Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-free Toner, Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution, Kiehl’s Ultra Facial cream & Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate which they neatly packed in an eco-friendly brown envelope for me.
Now comes the story part, don’t you like it when your favourite brands have recycle and reward programs? Well, from 2009, Kiehl’s launched a unique “Recycle and Be Rewarded programme” that allows customers to return empty Kiehl’s bottles, tubes and jars for recycling, in exchange for product. This programme is for Kiehl’s long-standing support towards the environment as a global campaign. In today’s world when recycling is a must to save our Mother Earth, how good it is to get rewarded for doing a bit to save our nature. The Kiehl’s “Recycle and Be Rewarded programme” lets customers get 1 deluxe sample for 2 empties, 1 lip balm for 6 empties and 1 full sized product (up to INR 1200 value) for 10 empties. They also give out 3 samples with each purchase from their site or stores.
Do you like Kiehl’s product? Have you used any Kiehl’s product yet? Do you like when brands give out samples to try before you buy?